- You may come to the library anytime during library hours with the permission of your teacher.
- The library is open during lunch and recess to return or check out books, read or do school work. It is also open after school on Thursdays.
- You may renew books as many times as you need to, unless there are other students waiting for them. Bring your books to the library to renew.
- Your school ID is your LIBRARY CARD.
- Lost/destroyed books must be replaced or paid for. There are no late fees!
- Please consume food and drinks outside.
We now have e-books available to check out. Simply go the www.gofollett.com and follow directions to Talbert Middle School.
- Students: log in using your school e-mail address as your user name (ex Smith1@myfvsd.us)
- Your password is your school ID number with two zeros after it.
- You can read your checked out books offline by downloading the e-reader BryteWave K-12 App for all your devices.
- You can also access the library's collection and see what books you have checked out.
Find the best AR books @yourlibrary!
Here is a link to a page that will help you look up books and find quiz/interest level/book level/points information.
WHAT TO READ?
Having a hard time deciding what to read? Check out some of these sites for lists and reviews.
American Library Association
Great Middle School Reads
This is a great website where you can read book reviews written by students all over the country! You can also write and submit your own book review. It's a fun way to see what other kids are reading and enjoying.
This is a fun source for reviews and recommendations on past, present, and future preteen, teen and young adult books. You can search for titles by keyword, subject, title or author and read reviews written by kids.
Books for guys. Because guys read!
Huntington Beach Public Library
One of my favorite places! The HBPL has a great young adult section and reading programs for teens. You can also volunteer at the library. Check it out!
A place for kids to find information about their favorite books, series, and authors. It also includes reviews of new titles, interviews with authors, trivia games, word scrambles and contests.